My name is…

Vidur Kapur took to comedy after an undergraduate degree at the London School of Economics and a PhD from the pinnacle of Economics, the University of Chicago. And thank god he did. The world needs a comic of his caliber more than it needs another economist – he is fabulously hilarious!

**Warning** The following clip has adult content. Please only view this if you are an adult. ***End Warning***

Ok, with that warning out of the way, forget the first 25 seconds, but the rest is ROFLMAO material.

Maybe I find it funny because I’ve had my name mangled so many times, albeit mostly well-meaningly. I wonder what would happen if the next time I answered with – “Look, my name is Shripriya. It is a classical, ancient, Indian name…” Even if I never use his line, the thought of doing so will certainly cross my mind!

I discovered Vidur here

8 thoughts on “My name is…”

1. DontheCat says:

Guess you forgot to link or embed the vid. 🙂

2. Shripriya says:

DontheCat – I fixed it. As usual an IE issue (I hate IE!). But it should work now. Thanks for the heads up.

3. sqrlnt says:

Hi Shripriya, glad you liked him. As you said, I am sure the world could use more of his comic skills than his eco skills, though going from his credentials, he probably is equally good at either..

4. Yuva says:

very funny… s;~p)

you should checkout Russell Peters as well, I adore this guys.

at youtube.com (search for Russell Peters– you can find loads of his standup) or http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/russell+peters/1

5. samira says:

i love russell peters too – saw him in the bay area once and again in bangalore, and just like seinfeld or everybody loves raymond, just thinking about his show makes me laugh!

6. Yuva says:

yes yes, great,.. trust you like jon stewart too.. that guy too is amazing.

7. Shripriya says:

@ Sqrlnt – so true. I have met a few people who are good in multiple things (business and medicine or economics and comedy!)- they are unique human beings!

@Yuva/Samira – Yes, Russell Peters is cool too, but I find this guy has more edge.

@ TGFI – 🙂